Assuring the availability of your HVE solution is a critical part of your overall protected data storage strategy. HVE has made selecting and obtaining the proper level of support for the entire life of your product easy and affordable. While the standard SnapServer support programs are designed to provide the services that most of our customers require we understand that your needs may be different and have created a selection of service enhancements to augment whatever level of SnapServer support you have chosen.
SECURE DRIVE EXCHANGE
The Secure Drive Exchange Program is designed to offer a disk drive (HDD or SDD) replacement alternative for end users with corporate, military, or governmental policies which prohibit data from being removed from their premises.
- This service uplift is available for any currently supported SnapServer hard disk drive based product with removable drives.
- The cost of this uplift is in ADDITION to other service programs (surcharge).
- This service uplift must run concurrently with any existing Warranty or Service Agreement currently established with the product.
- A separate Secure Drive uplift is required for each system or “box”.
- This service will only apply in cases where the drive fails under normal working conditions. Our standard warranty coverage exclusions apply.
- You will still be required to return the top cover of the defective drive containing the serial number label.
- This program applies to the disk drives only. Controller cards, memory devises, power supplies and other parts which have no latent data storage and must be returned.
- Includes support for 3.5” SATA and SAS HDD drives and 2.5" SDD drives
What is NOT included
- Data recovery or data destruction.
- Hard drive destruction, disposal or recycling
- Replacement of hard drives materially in excess of standard failure rates for the covered system
- Support for tape drives
For select SnapServer solutions, maintenance agreements on the software components are offered. Access to updates, patches, and new version releases of your SnapServer software is available beyond the standard warranty period by purchasing extended software maintenance. Software Maintenance includes the following:
- Lowest cost support offering 24x7 access to web-based self-support including on line patches, bug fixes, and new version releases.
- 9x5 Technical Telephone Support during SnapServer Business hours excluding recognized public and company holidays.
For details on what products offer software maintenance, see your local SnapServer representative.
Supplemental Software Support
Supplemental Software Support can be purchased for each optional software product.
Supplemental Software Support includes the following:
- 24x7 access to web based self-support.
For customers whose product warranty has expired and they wish to extend their warranty coverage, HVE offers a product re-certification package, which is required before the elapsed warranty can be extended. Contact your HVE warranty representative for details.
For complete details on how these service enhancement add-ons and our other service programs work, go to the service program details documentation at: https://www.snapserver.com/service/options_details